The Hong Kong Retail Management Association (HKRMA)
cordially invites you to join us as a member and promote the local retail industry
The retail industry is one of the largest service industries in
Hong Kong. With Hong Kong’s long-standing reputation as the shopper’s paradise,
retail is closely tied with tourism as the major pillar of our economy.
retailers face many challenges in the highly competitive and fast-moving marketplace.
Volatile economic climate, soaring rental, changeable consumer spending, manpower
shortage and increasing government regulations have been affecting different aspects
of a retail business.
As the leading retail association in Hong Kong with the
mission to speak for the industry, promote the rights of retailers, and raise the
status and professionalism of retailing, we believe mutual support and collective
action in the trade will help protect the interests of retailers and contribute
to the growth and development of the retail industry in Hong Kong.
invite you to join as a HKRMA member to accomplish this mission which will benefit
your company and the retail trade as a whole.
The Association offers 2 types of memberships, i.e. FULL or
ASSOCIATE memberships, to organizations engaged in retail or related businesses.
(kindly note that all memberships are company based and we do not offer individual
All members are required to abide by the Association’s
Code of Practice.
II. Who Can Join
A. FULL Members
To qualify as a FULL member of HKRMA, your organization:
- Has to be a retailer engaged in the retail sale of merchandise or the provision
of retail services in Hong Kong.
- Must have a valid business registration.
- Has to be a retailer with or without physical outlet(s) and has been fully operative
for at least one year.
- Shall not have any records of trading in counterfeit goods.
- Might be asked to provide proof such as tax returns, bank statements to prove
that you have been trading for at least one fiscal year.
- Might be asked to provide a recommender for your membership application.
B. ASSOCIATE Members
To qualify as an ASSOCIATE Member of HKRMA, your organization has to be:
- A registered company in Hong Kong or overseas which is:
Typically associated members include but are not limited to:
- engaged in the supply of goods or the provision of service to either retailers
or service providers, or
- associated directly or indirectly with the retail or service industry or involved
in the study of or research into retailing, servicing or related fields.
- Manufacturers/wholesalers/distributors/importers supplying goods or services to
- Companies offering services or solutions to retailers, such as management consultants,
audit and accounting firms, logistics service providers, I.T. providers, legal firms,
advertising agencies, interior design firms, contractors, security companies, etc.
- Other associations, local and overseas which are retail related.
- Educational institutes.
- Semi-government and non-government organizations.
III. Membership Rights
A. FULL Membership
- Full Members shall enjoy all benefits of the Association at member rates. Members
shall receive regular copies of the Association’s publication, circular, market
information, schemes or programmes introduced by the Association from time to time.
- Full Members shall have full voting rights at the Annual General Meeting and shall
be allowed to nominate its own members or other members to stand for election at
the Annual General Meeting.
- Full Members shall be allowed to participate in all HKRMA sub-committees either
by invitation or voluntary participation.
B. ASSOCIATE Membership Rights
- Associate Members shall enjoy specific benefits of the Association at member rates.
Members shall receive regular copies of the Association’s publication, circular,
market information, schemes or programmes introduced by the Association from time
- Associate Members shall have no voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.
- Associate Members shall be allowed to participate in related sub-committees of
the Association by invitation only.
IV. Membership Benefits
- Attend all activities of the Association at members’ discounted rates or free
(at selected events).
- Receive free publications of the Association like annual yearbook, quarterly newsletters.
- Have access to restricted sections reserved for members only on the HKRMA website.
- Purchase Association’s publications at discounted rates (e.g. Report on Manpower
Situation of the HK Retail Industry….)
- Receive survey and research findings conducted by the Association.
- Receive relevant trade information.
- Receive relevant legislations update.
- Receive assistance on trade issues.
- Have access to HKRMA’s position papers on different trade issues.
- Participate & provide comments in HKRMA initiated consultative trade issues.
- Receive free HKRMA membership window stickers.